The Next Frontier in
Black & White
Tonality takes inspiration from the analog film and wet darkroom and moves it smartly into the digital age. We’ve harnessed the best practices of monochrome image editing, added tools, b&w filters and features that were missing in other photo editors, and put it at your fingertips as Tonality for Mac.
Created by Pro Photographers for Artists of all Skill levels.
- Standalone functionality & a plug-in support
- Powerful lens blur
- RAW support & hi-quality 16-bit processing
- Texture overlays with custom texture support
- Over 150 professional one-click presets
- Multiple layers with blending modes
- Advanced clarity, structure, detail controls
- Realistic grain engine, film emulation & more
- Proprietary Glow Engine
- Adaptive Exposure and Smart Contrast
Charles Glatzer, PRO Photographer
Tonality is in a league all its own. No other black and white software offers the subtle
tonal variation, ease of use, degree of versatility, and professional image quality afforded
with the proprietary 16 bit RAW processing engine.
Alan Shapiro, PRO Photographer
For me, there is nothing more magical than post processing especially when I'm working
in monochrome. Tonality is intuitive, easy, has a great range of presets plus features like
adaptive exposure and smart contrast that gives me incredible results. After playing for a
few weeks, it is now a staple in my post processing toolkit
Karen Hutton, PRO Photographer
Tonality Pro is making my creative muse jump for joy! It unleashes a world of selective
color possibilities that I can apply as fast as my imagination dreams them up!
Rick Sammon, PRO Photographer and Instructor
If we think selectively, rather than globally, we think like painters – which results in more
creative photographs. Tonality Pro offers exclusive options – including adjustable,
pressure-sensitive brushes and masking tools for precise selective edits – that allow me
to take my monochromatic images to a whole new level.
Piet Van den Eynde
Some Black & White plug-ins offer ease of use. Others offer extensive controls.
With Tonality Pro, you get both.
Powerful Gets a Whole
Starting with high-quality 16-Bit processing and RAW support, use an array of advanced tools such as Adaptive Exposure, Smart Contrast, Shadow Recovery and Clarity & Structure controls to develop the ideal starting point for more creative work.
Adaptive exposure helps you control the brightness of the photo, so no area is too dark or too light, and you get the most from your image’s dynamic range. Tonal protection in clarity & structure controls ensures that you get details just where you need them.
The World’s Most Diverse Collection of Presets.
Over 150 presets let you create masterpieces with just one-click. Grouped in categories like Vintage, Portrait, Dramatic, Film
Emulation and more, presets are a great place to get instant results or give you a starting point for more creative explorations.
Category: Basic. Preset name: Boost Clarity.
Category: Architecture. Preset name: City Scape.
Category: Portrait. Preset name: Crisp.
Category: Vintage. Preset name: Isochromatic.
Category: Toning. Preset name: Cyanotype.
Category: Outdoor. Preset name: Dreamy Landscape.
Category: Dramatic. Preset name: Dramatic Dark.
Category: HDR. Preset name: Hint of Colors.
Category: Street. Preset name: City Life.
One-Click B&W HDR.
With a dedicated presets category and powerful
easy-to-use controls, you get practically unlimited
possibilities to create stunning black & white HDR
shots. Add breath-taking drama to your photography,
taking it to the next level of monochrome
Develop the masterpieces that you’ve always dreamed
of with advanced toning controls. Use Color Filters
that operate on both Luminance and Saturation to
provide unique styles and selective color; mimic film
looks with Split Toning and add that extra vintage
look with realistic grain. Want even more? Use the
Tone Curve for infinite adjustments!
for Unlimited Creativity.
Get the ultimate in creative flexibility & easily play with
selective adjustments using layers & masking. No need
to switch to Photoshop or other apps, when you can do
everything inside of Tonality.
Plus, pressure-sensitive brushes (perfect for your
Wacom tablet), support of blending modes & separate
opacity controls give you mastery of your creative vision.
Back to the Roots. Digitally.
Agfa, Kodak, Fuji and Ilford film emulations provide timeless looks with just one-click. Explore further with realistic grain
simulation, glow engine, textures, tones and frames to achieve gorgeous analog look that speaks to your artistic vision.
Film Emulation: Ilford Delta 400 Pro
Film Emulation: Kodak Tri-X 400 TX Pro
Film Emulation: Agfa Pro 100
Film Emulation: Fuji Neopan Pro 1600
Film Emulation: Ilford HP 5 Plus 400
Film Emulation Fuji Neopan Acros 100
in the Best Way.
Use the Glow control to create a dreamy, moody look
or Lens Blur emulation for that wonderful Prime Lens
impression. A realistic grain engine will give your
images the look and feel of real analog cameras.
Finish your creation with custom textures, vignettes
and frames. We’ve added everything possible to make
your monochrome photo more amazing than
everything you’ve made before.
For Hobbyists & Enthusiasts
- Native RAW processing with 16-bit support
- Over 150 one-click presets
- Multiple layers
- Adaptive Exposure, Smart Contrast, Shadow Recovery
- Powerful Clarity & Structure controls
- Color Filters that operate on both Luminance & Saturation
- Glow, Lens Blur, Vignette and Textures
- Versatile Grain engine & photo frames
- Export to TIFF, PSD, JPG and a host of other formats
- Sharing to social networks & Print Lab
You will be redirected to Mac App Store
For Professional Photographers
- Plug-in support for Adobe PS, Lightroom, Apple Aperture.
- Advanced Layers functionality with Blend Modes
- The ability to use the source color from the original image
- 8 layers (instead of 5 in standard version)
- Upgraded Vignettes with a Luminosity & center point control
- Zone System to “balance” gray shades for superior contrast
- Support of additional shortcuts for faster workflow
- Histograms with tonal range clipping and pixel saturation
Got Standard version? Upgrade to Pro!
- Mac OS 10.8 and above
- iMac/MacBook Pro/ MacBook Air/Mac Pro/Mac Mini late 2009 or later
- 4GB RAM and more
- 512 MB Graphic RAM and more
- Tonality Pro can work as plug-in for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4, 5 or later; Apple Aperture 3.2 or later, Photoshop Elements 10 -12 (App Store version is not supported due to Apple Sandboxing), Adobe Photoshop CS5, CS6 or CC(including Smart Object support).
- RAW (.NEF, .CR2, .DNG, .ORF ect.) images 8-bit, 16-bit
- Tonality Pro also supports .PSD